Question from Goodread


                


 Can you tell us a two-sentence horror story?


It was like any other day when he walked side-by-side with his son. A wondering bullet fired from a gun that wasn't aiming at him found his heart, and by his last breath, he realized how little time he had.


What mystery in your own life could be a plot for a book?

It all depends on the view the writer has of life. Ernest Hemingway showed that going fishing in the sea, the Old Man, and The Sea could be exciting and full of life lessons.



What’s your advice for aspiring writers?

I have too much advice for them, but I can't list them all here.
Chief among them is to do the writing to your liking first before being worried about what the reader might think. There is plenty of time for that after you put out there the things that eat you from inside out.


What are you currently working on?

I am trying to write a book about one of the book's characters. In the beginning, there wasn't anything about that character, but during the writing, that character became so fascinating. I even like that character more than the character I wrote in the first book.



How do you get inspired to write?

I'm not short of inspiration when I read any classic books. They were my teachers that I never had. They spoke to me through the times and sent me messages from the past. It is like they knew about me ages ago and told me what to do or how to do it when I was ready. In a way, I am trying to pass along that message as well.


Where did you get the idea for your most recent book?

It began with random writing. It wasn't meant to be a book at all. As George Martin said it best, a gardener plants a seed and doesn't know how it grows.

Comments