Into The Embrace Of Fire: Chapter 5
Chapter
5
She rested her head on my chest. I
could feel her warm breath on my chest. She was sitting on my lap. It brought
tears to my eyes to see her in that state. She sounded sleepy, but now and then,
she was coughing. Her head moved a little bit; her head fell back a little bit
the way that her lips were angled toward my neck. Now I could feel her breath
on my neck. My left hand was like a support for her back, and with another hand,
I was stroking her hair slowly with such care that it didn’t wake her up. She
liked it. She always did. She told me that it helped her with her headache. Now
her lips were touching my collarbone. I could hear her heavy breathing on my
neck. With each breath, there was a whistling sound coming out of her. I was
sitting on the bed and sitting back to the wall, having her on my lap. She
cuddled herself in me. She was like a bird that was shaking from the cold. Her
skin turned to a ghostlike white. I was sitting on the bed and not even able to
see her. My tears blocked my view. I have to be strong. I have to be strong for
her. I can’t let her see my tears. She had enough of that, I thought. I
stroked her hair to distract myself so I could stop crying. I tucked myself a
little so that I could pamper her more. Then with a lot of care, without waking
her up, I put my right hand under her knees. That way, I could lay down her
feet on the bed, and while she had her head on my shoulder, I lay down with her
carefully by having my arm as a pillow for her. She didn’t wake up. Now her
forehead was toward my neck, and she was breathing to my chest. I knew the time
was coming. I wanted to cry, but the cry was locked in my throat. I wanted to
scream, but I didn’t have the breath for it. I was hopelessly lying down and
watching her. I could hear the heavy breath she was taking. I kissed her
forehead and felt how hot her head was.


Comments
Post a Comment